Thursday, March 25, 2010

Yep. It's (was) my burfday....

Sooo.... I started writing this post about 2 weeks ago, when I actually turned 30, but we had a 10 day car trip to Florida to do so alas, I'm just now posting it :)



I've been toying with the idea that 30 is a big change for me, but in reality, I've broken it down and I'm pretty sure I'm ok with the fact that I'm 30 now. I've learned alot in my short little 30 years of life.... I have some friends who hate the idea, some who have embraced it. I think I'm on the embracing side, and this is why....



--Turning 30 is a big "health" step for me. I'm not saying I know everything there is to know about the body, but the way I see it (and yes, some docs even agree) 30 is the point in your life when you get the chance to fix all he F*d up shit you did to your body when you were in your 20's. This is the time that I need to stand up and take notice of what I've done to myself. It's time to start paying attention to all the little "symptoms" I've had lately.... It's time to quit smoking (in the very near future), it's time to check my blood work, it's time to stop abusing my body and embrace it, learn about it, and understand it.



--I've also learned that I have emotions. I've had people tell me that I'm "too emotional" at times.... but now? Once again, I'm ok with those emotions. I would much rather be passionate about how I feel then to lack emotion. Of course I sometimes over do the emotional thing but I'm ok with that as well. :) Call me bipolar, call me moody, call me a bitch, don't care really. I am what I am, I've been this way for 30 years now, and I'm obviously doin ok, so why change it?



--Im learning that I have alot of friends. I have people who rearranged schedules to come out to dinner with me on my 30th birthday. I have friends who came out even though they're preggos and would much rather sit at home on the couch :) It makes me very happy to know that I've given love and I've received love as well :)


-- This one might come as a shock (or not at all) but it only took 30 years to say this: I like my body. I think sitting on the beach might have just oober confirmed this for me as well ;) I've always been so insecure and of course I still would love to lose a few pounds (who wouldn't?) but when I saw other confident women, who might I add had larger middle sections then mine, walking around in bikinis??? I digress and I should have slapped mine on!


-- I've lived through a lot. I can withstand the forces of life and keep moving forward. I like only being 30 and knowing this.


-- And last but not least: THIRTY IS THE NEW TWENTY! Watch out world! ;-)



2 comments:

  1. can't wait to see what you post when your 40 like me.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Girl!!! Happy Burfday!! Next time you get your cute little butt to Chicago, we will celebrate it (belatedly!) together!!

    ReplyDelete